Amphenol Alden – Growing Bigger At an Impressive Speed:
Amphenol Alden was founded in 1929 by Milton Alden. The company started off as a designer and manufacturer of thermo set molded components for the communications industry. In the early beginnings of the company’s history, Amphenol developed an insert molding process where the connector insulator was molded directly onto the contact and wire assembly. The development of the molding process meant that electronic devices can handle greater voltages, sealed out moisture and improved strain-relief. The manufacturing development also put Amphenol as a leader in premier manufacturing of high voltage interconnects that the TV, Copier, and X-Ray industries use. Amphenol was able to provide a platform for addressing the needs of today’s demanding instrumentation applications.
Know More About the Company’s Product Line: The current product lines that Amphenol Alden carries are:
- The cable assembly line offers customers customized and manufactured cables to fit their needs. The applications can be from signal, to power, to fluids and gasses and etc.
- The circular connector line offers many housing options, including metal, plastic, and field installable and over molded.
Environmentally sealed connectors:
- The sealed connectors are sealed and designed to prevent moisture, dust and salt spray from coming into contact with contacts or wiring.
- The Ethernet connectors are currently the industry’s preference of connectors because they are able to withhold different environments such as outdoors and in office.
Fiber Optic Connectors:
The fiber optic connector line consists of optic management systems, fiber optic cable assemblies, fiber optic adapters, fiber optic attenuators, fiber optic couplers and wavelength division multiplexers. The fiber optic connectors are used in the following medical applications:
- Dentistry, hair removal, tattoo removal, arthroscopy, angioplasty, cosmetic surgery, and venous treatment.
- The fiber optic connector line consists of optic management systems, fiber optic cable assemblies, fiber optic adapters, fiber optic attenuators, fiber optic couplers and wavelength division multiplexers. The fiber optic connectors are used in the following medical applications:
- The flex circuits provide lighter weight alternatives and smaller package sizes to traditional wires or rigid PC boards.
- The high density line provides up to 78 contact positions in a housing measuring 1.2 inch in diameter. The components are used for patient monitoring, electronic catheters, portable ultrasound devices, and emergency response.
Medical Interconnect Products:
- The medical interconnect product line is used for patient monitoring surgical defibrillation diagnostic imaging therapeutics robotics dental ophthalmic cosmetic surgery and many other medical applications.
- The pulse-lok connector line meets the challenges of contemporary instrumentation applications.
- The RF connector product lines are used in the radio frequency, microwave and data system applications.
Industries Served: Today, Amphenol Alden products are used in the following markets: Industrial, Medical, Military/Aerospace, and Energy.