In the office, various stationaries are considered essential since they are used to achievable tasks in the office. Among these stationsaries we have, computers, laminating machines, paper cutting machine, paper shredder, and photocopier among others. For example, a laminating machine uses hot rollers that embed a paper between two laminating sheets to protect the document from water and other damages as well as strengthening the paper. On the other hand, we use a cutting machine to resize a piece of paper to the required sizes and are done accurately.
In this article, we focus on the laminating and cutting tools as office stationaries. This is because they are some of the most common equipment and serve the same purpose anywhere in the world.
There are different types of laminating machines, and these are:
· Pouch laminator, this utilizes heat to melt adhesives that are on the laminating film bag lining then, encasing the document inside. These machines are smaller in size and can be easily disconnected and put aside when not in use. They, however, have a disadvantage that they can only be used to laminate specifically sized papers.
· Cold Laminating machines, this applies pressure and adhesives to laminate as opposed to heat. They are applicable in areas with no power source, and they are used on documents that may be damaged by heat.
· Large or Roll laminators are commonly used on large materials and then apply heat and pressure to bind together the laminating films. They are the ones employed in large institutions and can be used on any size of paper.
On the other hand, we focus on the different types of paper cutters, and they come in various makes based on the source of power, mode of action and type of paper they cut.
In the power supply category we have the manual cutters, these are basically operated. The semi-automatic and automatic cutters, these are automated paper cutting machines.
In the mode of action we have:
· Rotary paper trimmer uses a rounded blade at its cutting edge.
· Form cutters used to create weak points in the paper so as it's easy to slit.
· Arm cutters, they cut by a blade that is enjoined to an arm where the operator applies the cutting force.
· Stack paper cutter is used to cut large stacks of paper at the same time; they are used in large paper companies.
To get the best of these office stationsaries buy them from recognized supply stores and ensure that you follow their guidelines of use.